Saturday, March 8, 2008

Staying in Boston

So I recently (read: the last minute possible) decided to stay in Boston for spring break. It was a long decision, with part of the delay being the failure of Myrtle Beach to be warm and enjoyable. So far I think it was the right one for me, because although I will miss not seeing family and Oberlin, this means that I get to live in my room with stereo and incense and weed, live and play in Boston without school pressures, and get time to work on about four different projects and 6 different books I have going on.

Which means a learning experience. I will be spending time in libraries, in books, on my research and current affairs. Hoping to watch at least one good movie a day, maybe get a good series under my belt. I've been waiting this whole semester to get into Boston for live music, and I hope to take this time for exploring the nooks of the city. Maybe go out skiing, maybe stay here and chill. I want to do church and a meditation class, to read The God Delusion, Uncomon Grounds, Silent Spring, Nietze and Dante; the New York Times and Economist.

So stick around for Still Skeptical this next week. I'll be keeping an eye out for adventure and inspiration, politics and injustice, social insights and personal revelations that are headed your way. It's bound to be interesting.
-Eddie

1 comment:

The Babbling Bishops said...

I've been stuck here at OWU for a few days because of a huge snow storm that hit Friday, and we've been sledding and partying it up with all the other snowed in kids. It's great.