Monday, March 3, 2008

First

So this is something I've been meaning to do for a while now, one of those little to-do list items put off until "someday" that stretches on to weeks. To see it start has left me oddly philosophical. Maybe that's the pull of it... the beginning of my writing career, the thrill of a blank page and many more before me.

I am currently a sophomore at Boston University majoring in Economics and Environmental Policy, but originally from Ohio. My focus and dream is in organic farming in Latin America, working with small farmers to facilitate the rapidly growing organic market. My call is to a people with no voice but the most beautiful culture in the world. After my time here, I want to change the world as a social entrepreneur, and will let nothing get in my way.

Read on if you are interested in my perspective. Count on it to be based on science, the environment, current events, observation. Expect politics, trends, thought, music, and life philosophy. I tend to be optimistic in people but skeptical of humanity. And still skeptical of everything we've constructed around us, of society and culture against what really matters. We spend too much time wrapped in obsession. Life is in the details-- to control the details is to control the experience while we're here.

I believe in the power of the mind to guide our own experiences. Through control of my awareness, I've found I can learn from each moment to live the most dynamic, fun-filled, invigorating, stimulating life that is in my reach. If there's any more purpose to our being here, I haven't found it.

Yet. Stick around, as the journey is sure to be interesting.

-Eddie

No comments: